Well may you wonder if I have fainted by the wayside for hunger. Fear not, but my apologies for not having company, even of the virtual sort, for ages.
I've cooked several things with Brie in the last couple of months. One was a wintery supper affair of fried brie, a foccaccia bread, also made with beer, with sun-dried tomatoes and yellow peppers. (By the way, the Wisconsin Beer Cheese Soup turned out beautifully, thanks to my friend Annette's advice to use half-n-half instead of milk.) Then just last Saturday I made breakfast of scrambled eggs with brie and orange chocolate chip muffins. It was literally the first time I'd been home on a Saturday in recent memory, so that in itself was blissful (until I had to leave at 11:30).
Of course, I love eating brie by itself too, with a little cracker or two or garnishing a spinachy fruity nutty salad. If I take it for lunch, it's soft and runny by lunch time, just like it should be.
No comments:
Post a Comment