15 May 2011

Bread, Quilts and a Fire




My leisurely afternoon was spent baking bread and starting a new quilt project. Both were occasions to think about my friend Annette from Arizona. She bakes amazing bread and she has an eye for color and an insatiable hunger for beauty that would like the quilt I'm working on. Her family suffered a terrible blow this week with a house fire and it has been killing me to be so far away and not able to help. I ought to have known she would find a way. Creativity oozes out of her in so many ways, but one way is through photography. She took pictures of the damage of the fire including a poignant picture of a charred page from a hymnbook which was found among the ashes. She has opened a Cafe Press site (link above) with some items that incorporate this photograph, planning to use the proceeds to help with the lengthy home restoration process. She tells the story of the fire in detail on her one blog that is still operable using the hotel's internet connection. I wish so much I could take them my bread and my quilt too for that matter. But I invite you to enter their story from around my table.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Not sure why the link didn't work, but I'm sure it was something wrong that I did. All the usual apologies for my technology lameness. Here is the link to her blog:
http://nettieheidmann.xanga.com/