The tomato avalanche has begun. So far the plum tomatoes hang pale green on the vine, but the cherry tomatoes and the pear tomatoes are proliferating prolifically, forcing me to figure out ways to eat them besides the obvious way: like candy! They are delicious, especially the cherries are so sweet they feel like dessert.
But with each new day's bumper crop, I have been casting about for new recipes using these small tomatoes, resulting yesterday in a fresh tomato catsup, which in turn became a part of a beautiful pizza. Granted, it did pain me to turn the oven on, our record breaking heat and humidity continuing unabated, but it was well worth it.
I was thinking that were I to host an Iron Chef party like those wonderful occasions my friend Emily used to host, I would suggest tomatoes be the ingredient. I could almost provide the tomatoes for all the contributions.
2 comments:
I'm definitely in the mood for a tomato Iron Chef!
These tomatoes are making my mouth water!
Post a Comment