August has been an eventful month, but not so much in the kitchen. At the eleventh hour, my roommate of this past year got a job, packed up in a whirlwind and moved on August 13, leaving behind many opportunities to clean, dust, and rearrange. My delight at finding myself at home in my own space again, not merely a welcomed guest in someone else's space, has more than outweighed the empty feeling of the past week. I even bought a house plant to celebrate. This of course includes having a spare room for guests to stay, so consider yourself invited.
I moved offices also, and am happy to have an office to myself once again. This runner I created for the top of my piano. I welcome students to my new office on Monday, and hope they are looking forward to it as much as I am.
Now that temperatures are finally dropping again in the evening, I find myself enjoying getting back into the kitchen, as I have missed cooking and bread baking during the intense heat. After I had given up all hope of eating more than two of my own green beans, I picked enough for a meal today, just in time for the fall root vegetables and gourds, so delicious and so versatile. And of course, the tomatoes continue, including the romas that are starting to turn.
2 comments:
The bean harvest definitely slowed over here, too ... but now the volunteer "pole bean" (a bush bean with higher aspirations) has just started yielding a good crop. And it's just out of reach of the woodchuck (I think) that's under the shed.
What joy in a handful of beans!
Enjoy the re-nesting :)
Post a Comment