The Lost Norwegian called it Løk Terte, Onion Tart, and it was my very own mini Julia moment chopping the nine onions it called for. I think next time I will not use sweet Vidalia Onions. They were almost too sweet, although undoubtedly easier on the eyes in the chopping.
It was delicious and reheated beautifully for lunch all week. Something so Septemberish about it, served with a little salad of fresh red and gold pear and cherry tomatoes cut in half and tossed with feta, basil, ground pepper and a little garlic olive oil. And a bit of onion, you ask? I think maybe not.
2 comments:
Nine onions! That sounds more penitential than the garden steps, if you ask me. This looks like quiche on steroids. Yum.
Ha, you have not yet experienced my steps. (That phrase comes from The English Patient, by the way.) However, I will say that a good many more tears were shed over one half a red onion I cut tonight for some vegetable bread rolls than the entire pile of Vidalia onions.
Post a Comment