30 January 2011

Bread and Blogs




As you can tell, my culinary expertise noticeably exceeds my technological. Most of you will find the fact that my blog looks like it was created by a fourth grader, unsurprising. I am well aware that many fourth graders would do a better job. I dare to hope that I may acquire some modest improvements in my technological skills in the process of documenting The Lost Norwegian. My apologies especially to those of you who excel in digitized technology and cannot understand what is so difficult about it. I truly wish you could help me.

Fire Korn Brød, and a zesty Horseradish Sauce made some killer roast beef sandwiches for lunch this week. It's a good thing the Horseradish Sauce was tasty, as I failed to notice that the bread recipe lacked salt. A very nice texture, using two kinds of wheat flour and two kinds of rye flour (i.e. 4 korn), amazingly all of which I had on hand. An enormous loaf! I'll make two loaves next time, with salt!

I also made Bjørne Lab Winerbrød, a puff pastry dough with yeast, filled with my mum's jam the finished product looking like bear's claws. Most of them disappeared at coffee hour after church today, so that's good, because I sure don't need to eat them all.


Add Image

4 comments:

Darby said...

yum. yum. yum. keep it coming.

Elinor said...

Hi Michelle:

What a great idea! -- I too love to read recipes like I would a book. I imagine how the finished products taste, and that's why I'm not a skinny Minnie! (Excuses excuses, excuses!) Keep cooking!

Elinor

orpah said...

I shouldn't check your blog when my stomach is growling. Everything looks delicious so far, and the beautiful pictures make up for any lack of technological savvy.

Anna said...

I love that you just happen to have two kinds of rye flour on hand!